One of the nation’s largest multi-modal transit systems, the Maryland Transit Administration (MTA) operates various public transportation systems including a comprehensive paratransit system (Mobility) in addition to performing other functions that support public transportation throughout Maryland.
For its paratransit program Mobility, MTA sought to reduce costs, streamline management, and improve customer service by providing rides that were even more efficient, timely, and convenient for program participants, especially those who were traveling to medical appointments.
MJM Innovations provided a custom-built transportation technology and management solution called EzTransport to help the MTA achieve its goals. The service created was a premium service and was offered to complement the ADA Paratransit program. MJM innovation’s unique solution provided same-day services using approved taxi and sedan companies and offered cost-effective rides without requiring the MTA to expand their infrastructure.
- EzTransport technology is integrated with many approved taxi and sedan providers, giving riders the freedom to take on-demand individual passenger rides on-the-go rather than scheduling shared rides 24 hours in advance.
- The swipe card and software solution tracks all of the information required to ensure accurate billing for trips, including GPS coordinates for pick-up and drop-off locations as well as the number of trips taken per day.
- Web-based software allows administrative staff to review, manage, audit, and prepare invoices.
MJM Innovations has been helping MTA achieve its goals since 2004. Featured accomplishments include the following:
- annual cost savings approximated at 50%
- 1,650 average daily trips provided
- more effective, reliable management through a custom-built solution
- potential growth and flexibility for the program, with zero infrastructure updates needed by MTA
- greater customer satisfaction attributable to the freedom and spontaneity of trips